Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It's been awhile since I've written a "Thankful Thursday" post and so today I figured, why not? Even in the midst of troubles and tribulations there is always something to be thankful for, though often times these things are hard to discover.


My Top 5 Thankful Thursday List

1) I am thankful that William is holding on and is still with us. My good friend Kelly's husband, William, has been on the list for a double lung/liver transplant for a few months now. Yesterday he took a turn for the worse and went unconscious. His Co2 levels and Ph levels were quite off and he was placed on a device to help him breathe (Bi-pap machine) Last night he was able to wake up for a couple of minutes, tell Kelly that he loved her, and then went back out. His ammonia levels are so high that it caused him to slip into a coma. There have been a lot of ups and downs today. I am just so thankful that he is still alive -- he's not out of the woods yet so thoughts and prayers are always appreciated.

2) I am thankful that my friend, James, is currently in surgery getting his lung transplant, and that everything is going great!! James goes to the clinic that Spencer went to and I got to know him when Spence was in the ICU. He was so nice to me, talking to me and reassuring me about everything. It meant the WORLD to me when he came to Spencer's funeral to pay his respects. James's brother, Rex, passed away a few years ago waiting on a double lung/liver transplant -- new lungs for James is a huge deal! God Speed, friend -- you're rocking this!!!

3) Thankful for all of this time I've had to spend with my sister before I move. We've spent nearly every moment together and it's memories that are always being made. I'm really going to miss her when I move, and I know she's already dreading me leaving. Love you Shayna =)

4) Really thankful that I know what I'm going to do for at least the short term! I've decided that I'm going to take a Phlebotomy course starting in August. I really didn't want to be a CNA and I think I would really enjoy Phlebotomy after I learn the ins and outs. Hematology has always interested me and I think this is a great stepping stone for any path that I might decide to take if it's in the medical world.

5) Thankful for the house I have lined up in Ogden for the short term until I find a job and a place to live. I really couldn't be more thankful to Emily and Jesse for offering me their place while they are gone. Things are slowly falling into place!!

So what are YOU thankful for today?

8 comments:

  1. Love your post and love your blog! And you're right - there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patricia! Many more things that I am thankful for as well -- As I am very thankful for your comment ;-)

      Delete
  2. Great post. You are setting an amazing example of gratitude. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting! It's nice to know that through just one post others can join with me on sitting down and thinking about the good that's in their lives!

      Delete
  3. Best luck to your friends & to you as you move on Nikki.
    Thank you for giving me the moment to truly be thankful
    for all I have & all I am.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good to sit down and reflect on what we have!

      Delete
  4. So grateful to have found your blog through the UBC. My cousin, Amy keeps a similar feeling blog and talks about her life. Last year she battled breast cancer and talks about that as well as healthy eating/living. You might be interested in connecting with her as a blogger at http://amy-newnostalgia.blogspot.com/

    Love this post. I'm grateful for the rain. It's a little thing, but we haven't had any since May and the grass and crops around us here in southern WI were really suffering. So glad for cooler weather and the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can all find something to be thankful of, a lovely post well done.

    ReplyDelete