Saturday, July 28, 2012

Catching Up

I was tagged for another blog award, but I think I'm going to save it for the end of the month! So I just thought I'd write a little bit about the last couple of days being in Utah because I'm short on time and don't want to fall another day behind in the UBC!

Thursday late afternoon I went over to Adam and Christine's house in Salt Lake City. I was so ready to see them! They have been here for me though thick and thin and I couldn't ask for anyone better to be my friends! Adam and Christine helped me finish my resume and then Adam helped me start the application process to apply for open positions at ARUP Labs. I applied for over 14 open positions! After Adam left for work Christine and I played catch up with our lives, played Lego Pirates on the Wii, and then watched the Bachelor Pad on Hulu! Boy did we have a great time watching that together. Before we knew it it was 11 PM! I stayed the night at their house and then yesterday Christine and I went up to Park City to grab lunch and look at all of the shops with her friend. Again, we had a great time.

On the way back to Ogden, Christine and I talked about various things, with hardly a quiet moment, and it really made me realize why she's my best friend! We are so alike and we relate on nearly all levels. It's so nice to have that one person in your life who is just like you and you can really click with. It's something I haven't had for a really long time.

After getting back home I decided to go to Starbucks to grab a cold drink and check my e-mails. To my huge surprise I got an e-mail from ARUP saying that they want me to call to set up a phone interview!! I really felt on top of the world receiving this e-mail. I know that this process is kind of a weeding out process to see who is truly interested and who really fits the job description. But it is a step in the right direction. Hopefully I can do VERY well with the phone interview and get an offical interview! I am SOOOO NERVOUS! But very, very happy!

I also found out that the article I was asked to do through the Starlight Children's Foundation for the Huffington Post is finally all put together and the Post loved it! I am working on writing up a short bio and then soon it will be posted! I am so excited to share with you guys! I'll post it as soon as I can!

So now I'm getting ready to head back to Salt Lake City to Adam and Christines again (I will be there a lot!) to chat, to have a BBQ with them and their neighbors, and have a game night based around the olympics! I'm excited to be able to be around a bunch of people. I'm staying the night at their place again tonight to go to church with them in the morning. So off I go to finish up some deviled eggs and make the trip to SLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment