Thursday, July 19, 2012

20,000 + views

Wow! I am over 20,000 views on my blog and this post marks 300 and I have 68 followers. When I started this blog I never expected to keep up with posting let alone having so many people show interest in my writing and my life. I am so thankful for all of the support that I received through the blog.

I initially started my blog as an outlet for my frustrations, a place to record events of my life, and a place  to write about the things that make me happy. Never did I think I'd write blogs here and there for the sole support of my friends and family through my trials and Spencer's illness and death. I didn't think that I'd get quite the response that I have.
I never intended my words to touch so many people that I have. Through my story. Spencer's story. Our story. And now my journey on my own. It warms my heart when I receive a message or comment from a stranger saying that I have touched their heart and have inspired them. Through this blog I know without a doubt that I have touched more lives than one without even trying. My favorite quote is this:

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friends, thank you so much for sticking with me through thick and thin. You've hung around through my many rants and vents. Through my struggles and the lowest points of my life. You've been here for me through the most important and special moments of my life. Through my successes and triumphs. It's so nice to know that I have an army of people behind me, supporting me through whatever decisions that I might make. 

I very much appreciate those of you who have "followed" my blog through the side bar to the right ---> and those of you who take a few moments to comment on my blogs. I know that I don't often leave replies, but know that I read and love every single comment that I receive. I'm trying to get better at my replies!

So to wrap this up -- I just want to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart =)

3 comments:

  1. Nikki .. That;s an awesome work. 20000 page views is simply superb.

    keep up the good job and work more!

    cheers, SV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely not something I ever expected or asked for!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your courage in sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete