Saturday, January 28, 2012

Quotes and Verses - Day 13

A few of your favorite quotes, mottos, or versus - Day 13

Oh boy! I have so many. There have been a few that I have always liked, but when Spencer was in the hospital for so long I had many verses and quotes sent to me and I looked up several that would help get me through. Good thing I have a document to make this easy on me. I'm just going to list (mostly) them all =) I don't see why not! It's good for me to read and remember all of them!!!

Quotes:
*Everyday may not be good....but there is something good in every single day.

*I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or happiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition --Martha Washington

*When you feel like giving up, stop and remember why you held on for so long in the first place

*You're braver than you believe; stronger than you seem; and smarter than you think!
--Winnie The Pooh

*The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; they are there to show us how badly we want something --Randy Pausch

*We are made strong by what we overcome. --John Burroughs

*Success is counted sweetest by those who never succeed. --Emily Dickens

*However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not as bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest.... Love your life, poor as it is. --Henry David Thoreau

*God allows us to experience the low points in our life in order to teach us lessons that we could learn no other way. --C. S. Lewis

*One life on this Earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can. --Frederick Buenchne

*We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us. --Joseph Campbell

Verses:
Fear not, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand --Isaiah 41:10

So that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power --1 Corinthians 2:5

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. --Matthew 7:7

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed! --Deuteronomy 31:8

Lay your hands upon the sick and they shall recover. Return not till I, the Lord, shall send you. Be patient in affliction. Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." --D&C 66:9

...whatsoever you seal on Earth shall be sealed in Heaven; and whatsoever you bind on Earth, in my name and by my word, saith the Lord, it shall be eternally bound in the heavens; and whatsoever sins you remit on Earth shall be remitted eternally in the Heavens; and whatsoever sins you retain on Earth shall be retained in Heaven. --D&C 132:46

If thou wilt do good, yea, and hold out faithful to the end, thou shalt be saved in the kingdon of God, which is the greatest of all the gifts of God; for there is no gift greater than the gift of salvation. --D&C 6:13

For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round. -- 1 Nephi 10:19


So there you have it... those are most of my favorites =) Enjoy and I hope maybe that some of them speak to you as they have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment