Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful Day 8

Today I have a lot to be thankful for..... this time in bullet format!!

* Spencer may not need a transplanted liver!!! There is a glimmer of hope that he will only have to have a double lung transplant! We still will have to move as our center can't do the transplant with a case as complicated as his, but we have more centers now to choose from. Amazing news.... I am just so thankful and I am holding on to this hope of NO NEW LIVER!

* The doctor thinks one of the biggest obstacles is getting Spence to gain weight. Gaining weight is something we actually have partial control over! FINALLY something within our control!!!!

* I'm thankful for good nurses. Today we had a nurse that liked to complain about everything. This was too much work, and that was just a pain to do. Saying how tired she was and how much she wanted to go home. How glad she was she didn't have to change the port dressing. Asking me where everything was and what they used.... Really lady - Wanna trade lives for a little while? Please don't complain about your job in front of me... It just made me extra thankful for the nurses out there that do their job without complaining and with compassion. It makes me smile.

* I am thankful for the job that I have. A lot of people don't consider babysitting a job - but it is. I would tell you that a lot of teenager babysitting jobs probably shouldn't be considered jobs because the stereotypical babysitting sits the kids down in front of a movie and chats with their friends... etc. I'm just not like that. The kids need stimulation... attention... connection and a way to build trust with another person. Trust beyond the parents is huge and from the classes I have taken I've learned that a caregiver (such as a babysitter) gaining a close relationship and trust with the child is so, so very important... I don't just sit there and let the kids entertain themselves... I play with them. Engage in conversation with them. I have fun with them. I am so very thankful that the moms I babysit for recognize what I do and that I do a good job at it. It makes me smile because I like when my work doesn't go unrecognized. I know they trust me and know I do a good job because recently I have been recommended to other moms to tend their kiddos. I am just thankful I can be doing something that I truly ENJOY. Something that makes me smile. There is just something special about every kid I work with. They bring so much joy into my life. I am thankful that babysitting is working for me. I am able to bring in a little bit of money once a week - soon to be 2-3 times a week equaling a full time job. Actually being able to live comfortably and saving a little bit back for the future (most likely transplant associated expenses). It makes me smile.

And now that I've rambled on about that for awhile.... moving on =) (hey I'm just passionate about what I do!! No harm in that!)

* Last but not least, I'm always thankful of all the support that I am getting... and Spencer as well. I don't know how I would be able to go on with my days with Spencer being so sick if I didn't have the love, support, and prayers that we get daily. It keeps me going. It keeps my spirits high. I am SO SO grateful. Thank you... each and every one of you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment