Saturday, November 19, 2011

being 1:30 AM on Saturday I really shouldn't be awake. But I didn't say what I was thankful for for 2 days now and I wanted to catch up. So I'll do 2 right now and then one in the morning/afternoon.

Day 18: Even though I got really frustrated with Spencer, I'm glad and thankful that we are able to talk about things and sort it out. A lot of times I don't think he's listening but I think something that I said really hit him. I am also thankful for the intuition I have to back off when I really should back off of nagging him. I have gotten pretty good at telling when he's really feeling sick and when he's just using it as an excuse. He wasn't doing PT yesterday when they came in and tried to get him to do it. I knew he was feeling kind of bad and he had some pain from the PEG tube.. but I continued to push him. He finally told us that if they came back in an hour he'd work with them. I was really upset that Spencer didn't do it right then and I thought he'd put it off again and not get PT in that day... So I was super upset. But when they came back Spencer very willingly got up, did some stand, did some stretches and did a very fantastic job with rehab. I was proud of him. But I did find out that he has another lung infection so him telling me that he didn't feel good was probably 100% legit as I know how sick he gets to feeling! So today I knew he wasn't feeling well and not to push as much. I'm just glad I can point things out most of the time.

(that was completely rambling.. I don't know if it made since... as I'm typing this out I'm realizing how tired I am!!!!)

Day 19: I'm so thankful for good friends. Tonight I went over to my friend Christine and Adam's house. They have been helping me out so much through all of this. We played a bunch of games with some friends for Christine's birthday and had a blast. I'm so glad I went even though I was inclined to go home early do to the snow. Very happy I stayed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment