Tuesday, March 15, 2011

And it feels so good!

I speed walked today for 20 minutes going .85 miles - and it felt awesome! I really think that i'll be able to jump on the exercise bandwagon now that I'm starting to form a routine.

This dang time change is messin' with me though!!!! It's been really hard to fit everything in during the day. I get up in the morning, make breakfast and just spend some me-time, and then go to classes... I get home, talk with Spencer and relax for a little while... Then I unpack and put away a few things... and then before I know it the time has slipped away and it's already 6:00!!!! Its super bright outside so it still seems way early to me! So I have to hurry and think about dinner, while trying to exercise and do homework. Hopefully I adjust QUICKLY!!

But today I told myself that no matter what I was going to exercise for at least 20 minutes, no matter how late it was, no matter what all I had to do! So at 6:30 I hopped on the treadmill and just went at it. It went well! I can tell I'm fairly out of shape - but I was proud of what I did. And usually when I am in the middle of doing a workout I want to stop so badly because i tend to think to myself that "it's not worth it!". But this time I didn't think that ONCE! I just kept thinking that I owe it to myself to be in shape and be healthy - and just be happy about my body. So I think I'm started off on the right track. I believe it's all mind set and I hope that my mind set will carry me through the first few weeks as I get back into shape!!!

After exercising I just felt super good about myself. I could feel the slight burn in my calves and I felt a little winded after cooling down - as much as that feeling sucks when you're only half way through; once you finish the work out it feels pretty dang good!!!! I miss that sore feeling of knowing that you're getting back into shape... so i'm ready to feel the burn!!!! Not only did i feel good about myself, but I was just in a better mood! there was some miscommunication with some of Spencer's meds and I was trying to get over being upset about it - but it wasn't working. After I got done walking I felt like it was no big deal, I was smiling, and was super happy. It's amazing what some good exercise can do for you :)

Tomorrow I'm going for the same time and distance - I don't want to wear myself out and get to the point where I'm way too tired and thinking that it's not worth it - because it IS!!!!

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment