Friday, July 8, 2011

Strawberry Banana Smoothie


This is probably one of the most flavorful smoothies I've ever had.... The Strawberry Banana Smoothie. The flavor is fantastic and the color is really attractive! If you're a fruit smoothie fan - I dare you to try this ;-)

You start off with your three fruits: Kiwi, Strawberries, and a Banana (nanner not pictured!!) and you'll add some apple juice and strawberry yogurt to it. We only had strawberry/banana yogurt - but why not, all the better! =)

First you cut up (I quartered them) a full cup of strawberries. The originally recipe called for frozen ones, but I couldn't find any - and fresh worked just fine. I think I would prefer it! (You can save back one for garnish on the glass, too - you know, just to make it look pretty!)

Then slice one kiwi - No need to cut it smaller than your slices! (Save 1/2 a slice back for garnish if you'd like!) You know... I was having a heck of a time not devouring the fruit as I cut it up. I spent so much dang time trying to get the fuzz of the kiwi as not to cut off any of the precious flesh of the fruit. I LOVE Kiwi!!!!

Stick it in the blender... And don't forget your banana as I almost did..... But doesn't this just look amazing by its self. Ahhhhhhhh.
The Banana - You'll use one whole banana, just slice it as above and you're good to go!

Plop a full cup of the strawberry yogurt into the blender....


And add 1/4 Cup of apple juice..... (excuse the piggy spatula.... I used it to scrape out every bit of the yogurt :D)
After you add all the ingredients PLEASE PUT THE LID ON THE BLENDER (important!) and blend until smooth... only about 10-15 seconds!

Add any garnish you would like to the glass, stick in a straw and enjoy your wonderful smoothie!!! I think it makes about 2 servings, as I had to stick some in my fridge! But heck, it's so good - you'll go back for the rest!!!!


Strawberry Kiwi and Banana Smoothie
1 Cup Strawberries
1 Kiwi
1 Banana
1 Cup Strawberry Yogurt
1/4 Cup Apple Juice

Cut up all fruit and place into blender. Add Yogurt and Apple juice. Cover blender with lid and blend until smooth (about 10-15 seconds) Poor into glass, add desirable garnish, and enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment