Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kiwi and Apple Smoothie!

So I've had 3 kiwis in my fridge that I've been dieing to use! I contemplated just eating them, but since I've been on this super healthy smoothie and drink kick, I decided to try to find a recipe that used kiwis. So I found this one!

It includes, 2 apples, 2 kiwis, 1/2 a lime, and cup of orange juice.

First you peel the apples, core them, and cube them.
Then you peel the kiwi and cube them.
Then use the lime juice of half of a lime.
I forgot to take a pic of the orange juice, but you will use about a cup or a little more orange juice.

The result - a fantastic Kiwi and apple smoothie. You can *really* taste the kiwi in this one - just how I like it. I think I might have gotten a little bit more lime juice than I should have, as mine is kind of tart - but I like it =)

I have found that I'm really into the non yogurt smoothies - I like just the fruit with some kind of juice. Not a fan of the texture and aftertaste you get from the yogurt. I've never been a huge yogurt fan!!!

So there you have it! =)

Kiwi and Apple Smoothie
2 Kiwis, peeled and sliced
2 Apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
Just from 1/2 a lime
1-1.5 cups orange juice

Place all ingredience in the blender and blend until smooth (I did about 30 seconds)

Taken from: Kiwi Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment