Today was rough. His energy is just zapped and I kid you not he slept ALL day long. Having to help him as much as I did today makes my heart break. I hate seeing him in that kind of shape. Tomorrow leads us to clinic and I know deep down that he's going in. We will arrive at 12:00 for a bunch of blood work and then he'll head down and blow PFTs. Clinic is at 1 and I suspect he'll be there most of the day while he waits for a room. Poor guy. He's just exhausted and I know tomorrow is going to be really, really hard on him. Luckly I'll be there to help him get to where he needs to be. I love him so much.
Now on my side of things... Yesterday I had a WONDERFUL day. I had my adviser appointment with Jenny about my new major (Human Development and Family Studies - Child Life) and it went fantastic. She planned out all my classes with me for the next 5 semesters and IF everything goes as planned - I will be able to graduate Spring of 2013. That's sooner than I had expected!
There's a couple down sides to this though....
1) It's going to be a ROUGH 5 semesters. Especially this 2012 spring semester. Yikes. But I know I can do it if I just put my mind to it. It's going to be jammed packed with core classes for my major and some difficult subjects. (some pretty uninteresting to me lol)
2) I have to volunteer.... a lot for Kids Crew. It's volunteering under the Child Life Specialist at Primary Children's hospital. I knew I'd have to anyway - but the more I do, the better my chances are of getting a) the internship and b) a job... This is just going to make me even more busy... if that's possible!!!
3) I haveeee to get the internship Summer of 2012 at Primary. There is only one place in Utah that does Child Life internships and that's at Primary... great. I have one shot at this one and I have to take every chance I have now to prepare myself to land this. The down side about the internship... It's 40 hours a week, one semester, and it's UNPAID... holy crap. How am I supposed to work, internship, and take 3 classes? Ya... I don't know either. It's going to be a delicate balancing act.
4) If I don't get the internship then I have to either go a different route with my major (I *REALLY* don't want to have to do this) or I have to look out of state... Great. =/
5) After I graduate I still have to apply with Child life and get certified etc...
I am also adding a certificate program so that I can get enough credits in. Shouldn't be too hard - I don't know a lot about it yet - but I do know that It will help me with about any job in Human Development that I want.
I'ts going to be rough and I'm going to need a lot of support - but this is truly where I want to be... so BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!
More to write but I need to think about heading off to bed. I'm sure I'll be blogging again soon!!!