Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happenings... Young Miss

What a busy and exhausting week -- and it's only Tuesday! Whew! Though it may be super busy and so tiring, it's very worth it! I was asked to be a backstage mom for the Cheyenne County Young Miss program that Juniors get to participate in every year. The girls endure a week of learning routines for fitness and poise, getting down the opening number perfectly, while perfecting interview skills and their talents to wow the judges. Not only are they learning these (sometimes) arduous routines, but they do a lot of team building getting to know each other and become closer and throughout the week they learn responsibility, priceless skills, and they take away memories that will last them a life time.

I participated in Young Miss 2009 and I took away so much from that experience. It was so much fun! There were 11 of us that year and I made some great friends and strengthened friendships with several people. I was so excited that I was asked to volunteer with the program this year! Though my backstage mom didn't join me until the end of the week, she was a huge help! I remember her well and I was so thankful that I had someone there to help me out with everything the night of the performance!! I hope that I'm able to be there for my 'daughter' as much as my backstage mom was there for me. I have the returning 2011 Young Miss this year. She does a few talents, helps out and encourages the girls during the week, puts together a picture board, and does the team building with them. So far she's doing a great job, I'm so proud of her!

All the girls this year are great. Unfortunately there are only 4 competing for the title of Young Miss 2013.... so few from the year that I did it! But they all have something unique that they are bringing to the program. The talents are great and they are catching onto the routines very quickly -- I've been impressed. Their interview skills are already close to top notch... if they continue to work hard throughout the week there is going to be a stellar performance this Saturday night -- and I encourage every one who is able to, come to the St. Francis HS on Saturday at 7:00 and support these girls! Cheer them on for all of the hard work that they did this week. And if you see any of these girls this week - encourage them and wish them the best!

The days have been long for me. I've been watching Ash every morning and I am thankful that I get a couple of hours down time before I head over to St. Francis to young miss. I really don't know if I'd be functioning right now if I wasn't able to rest just a little bit! I haven't been getting home until about 11:15 or 11:30 each night and it seems to take me about an hour to wind down and turn my mind off before I'm able to actually fall asleep -- this makes 6:45-7:00 seem WAY early! But I'm making do and getting along okay. After I'm actually up and going in the morning I seem to do okay... until about 6:30 or 7 at night and then I crash!

Because of the long days I haven't been able to do much with the website, riddleofcf.com. I don't have the energy to work on it after I get off work and before I head over to St. Francis. But hopefully next week will be filled with progress for my ideas of what to do with the site next. Hopefully adding some pics and some more CF info will be all done by the end of the month. Running a website is a lot of work -- more than I imagined. I technically don't have to mess with it once it's launched, but I want to keep adding things to it to people will continue to come back and see the new content. The unique views on the site are definitely down right now, (thought not quite as much as I thought it might be! I'm still getting at LEAST 25 unique hits a day) but I expected that since I'm not able to post as much on the facbeook and Twitter pages, as well as no new content has been added since the beginning of the month when I put up the new Featured Cystic - Gillian!

I'm SLOWLY (very slowly) making progress with the beginning of the book... of course it's been on hold this week, but I've gotten nearly all of my blog posts and such organized into one document to help me get a timeline for everything. I really wanted to print it all out so I had a rough draft of it and could organize it a little easier... but DANG it's over 350 pages of blog posts, caring bridge posts, facebook etc etc. Sooo I won't be doing that ;-) That's just a book by itsself! I'm gussing there are an average of 1-2 posts per page... so I'm assuming there is anywhere from about 500 to 600 actual posts gathered together. CRAZY! But where I'm going to go from here, I am honestly not sure. Starting out is the hardest thing for me... I get so overwhelmed with everything. But after this step is complete I'm sure I'll figure it out! Just have to start somewhere!!!! Thanks SO MUCH to the 3 that have taken a moment to email me feedback from my previous blog posts. I REALLY appreciate it so so much. More than you know. It helps kind of give me something to work with.

I am slowly making decisions about moving. I'm still overwhelmed with it, but I think I have a date set in my mind to go to Utah! I won't reveal it yet because I need to let some people know first... but I'm excited =) New beginnings!

I am so EXCITED for one of my friends husband! He was called in for a new set of lungs last night. The first time he got the call it was a dry run because the lungs were diseased... but he is now out of surgery and is going wonderfully. What a wonderful new beginning -- being able to take a nice deep breath.... freely! I am so so happy for them. They will be able to do things they never have before. Whenever I hear of another CFer get a new chance at life, of course I am SO excited for them, but I can't help but miss my husband each and every time, and become a little jealous of the opportunity he never got.... new organs. But alas just let it be.

So I'm going to end this by asking you.... Are you an organ donor? If you are -- thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Having it on your license isn't enough.
Register in your state at: http://donatelife.net/register-now   Don't forget to openly express your wishes about organ donation to your family and friends and mention it more than once. They need to be aware of what YOU want. You'd be amazed at how many people want to be organ donors, but because their wishes are not freely expressed to close family and friends, this just doesn't happen...




If your not an organ donor, please consider signing up!!!! You can save more than one life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment