Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Years Changes

I titled this post New Years Changes because I just don't like "resolution". It's so cliche. Everyone makes and breaks new years resolutions. Well this year, I just want to change. I want to make some differences in my life. Yes - I have said this in the past, we all have. I have really never went through with the resolutions that I have set. Other things took priority.
I have had some MAJOR life changes this year... and I really want to start next year off on the right foot. I want something in mind to reach for. Something I am able to obtain and be proud of. So therefore, I have thought of 3 things I really want to change and work on this year. To make different.

1) I want to eat healthier and exercise more. Do people say this every year? Of course they do. But this year I mean business. I am SICK of not being in shape. And I am REALLY hating the way my body looks. I am desperate for change. I NEED to change for ME. To be happy. I want to be confident again. I gained weight when Spencer was in the hospital and I lost A LOT of muscle mass as well. It's going to be so, so hard to do this - but it's something I need to do for myself. I'm already trying to start to change my eating habits - so far it hasn't been too bad. It's the exercising part that's going to be hard for me. But I am going to start really slow and only 2-3 times a week. I can do this....

2) I want to start on some of the projects I have in store. I am going to start putting together a book that I want to write. I am going to throw myself into it this next semester that I have off. I think it will be good for me to put my time and energy into a good use. Writing - something I love to do. I have no idea how I'm going to go about it yet - and it's NOT going to happen overnight... More so over the course of several years. But I want to get a good start on it while I have this break where I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.

3) I want to read the entire Book of Mormon this year. I have printed out a reading schedule every night. I've tried to do this with the bible before and only lasted 3-4 days. I just want to spiritually grow. I am lacking in that part in my life right now - especially since Spencer died. I am desperate to find it again and learn so so much more about the church I know and believe to be true. Since moving back home I have already ran across some criticism in my home town about Mormons... It's going to be a REALLY hard test of my faith to stay here - but I hope it makes me grow closer towards my Heavenly Father, relying upon him for guidance with how to handle confrontations regarding my religion.
Sidenote: I'm not judging you for being Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, or whatever religion you are... so please don't judge me for being a Mormon. I am a Christian and I believe in the same God that you do. Respect me and do not treat me differently. <3

I also have some little things that I want to focus on this year - but these 3 things are the most important to me. I will set little goals along the way... to finish our wedding things, craft more... etc etc.

So what does YOUR new year have in store for you?! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment