Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm quite tired - give me a break for any typos or mistakes ;-)

What a week! Or should I say couple of weeks - ever since Spence has been in the hospital it's been all sorts of crazy around here. It's really hard for me to balance spending time with my husband while he's in the hospital, doing my studying, going to classes, taking care of Nacho, and taking care of myself - while still trying to have a social life with friends. Yikes! I think I am getting better at it though. I just need to realize that the most important thing that I can do for EVERYONE is focus on me every once in awhile. I need to make sure that MY needs are met and then I can stay happy for everyone and be the supportive friend, sister, daughter, and wife that I need to be.

As far as my classes go - I am still overly frustrated with Spanish. I have tried talking with the professor but she always seems to dismiss my concerns. If I continue having problems with her within the next month I am going to have to talk to the department or something and see how to go about this. I don't feel that it is fair that my grades suffer when I am doing 110% in that class but yet it's the professor that isn't helping. =/ I just have to keep plugging along and giving it everything I have in hopes of finally getting the hang of it all. I have the concepts and words and everything of Spanish down - it's the assignments that get me... I could rant on and on about how frustrated and unfair they are - but I'll spare you ;-)

I am very, very pleased with my Economics class - at first I thought it was going to be pretty tough, but I'm catching on quickly!! I have both an A in my homework and quizzes and I can't be more proud of myself. It involves a lot of math but I am doing it just fine without any sorts of problems! Never thought I'd be able to say that!!!! I know it will probably get harder - and I can't do it yet without my notes, but I'm confident that if I keep with it I will do okay!!!

My bioethics is great - love it so much! Research Methods is pretty boring.. but what can ya do?! It's a pretty unstructured class... but I think as long as I study the material I'll be okay.
So school is looking up - it's certainly not going to get any easier - but I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel that it's not going to be as bad of a semester as I thought.... I hope that remains true!!!!!

I'm pretty worried about Spencer - if you've been following is CaringBridge site you'll know he just isn't getting any better. Poor guy - I just pray for some relief for him. He's been so tired and just can't sit or stand long at all. But I am SO proud of him for pushing himself at rehab and physical therapy. =) I'm really looking up to him right now - i mean if Spence can get himself to exercise every day then heck - I CAN. He's a trooper =) Just please continue to pray for him <3

I had a great day with one of my friends today, Malina. She's another CFer and we met this last time in the hospital - thankfully Nacho was a great conversation starter! We went to the Farmers Market today and it was my first time - we had a blast and I think we're going to go back next week. Hopefully Spencer can join us! Lina is talkative like me - There were rarely any moments that we weren't talking up a storm =) Can't wait for a great friendship to blossom!!!

Ordered my new computer tonight!!! I'm so ready for it to get here. It was only 21 extra dollars for rushed shipping and so I went ahead and rushed it - Should be here Thursday!!! Yipee!!! Hopefully it doesn't distract me too much from studying XD I'll just have to give myself a full day to play around on it and figure things out so that I can continue studying the next day... YA RIGHT.. we'll see how that works!!!

More to blog about later but I'm getting so tired!!! LONG day!!!! Hope this finds everyone well! =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nikki,
    I know you're busy, but I gave you a blog award. If you want, maybe stop by my blog, grab the pin and start handing out awards of your own.

    Alisha (Aka hope247 from SBW)

    ReplyDelete