Sunday, January 16, 2011

Recipe #1

I have decided to share new recipes! I've gotten several new cook books and I just LOVE to cook! I don't think I could ever do it as a career, but in my free time it takes my stress away and I really enjoy it.
So I have been going to try new recipes and I thought i'd share some of our favorites! These are the ones that just get devoured and everyone comments on several times - and of course ones that i will make over again!!! :)
So here is the first one!!! Maybe next time I will take pics of the process and outcome :)

Oven-Fried Pork Chops
Prep: 10 min Bake: 20 min Oven: 425 Makes: 4 Servings

* 4 pork chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 egg, beaten
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 Cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, finely crushed (I used chicken flavor, Stovetop stuffing mix)

1) Trim fat from pork. Pour butter into a 13X9X2 inch baking pan, tilting pan to coat the bottom. In a shallow dish combine the egg, milk, and pepper. Place the stuffing mix in a second shallow dish. Dip chops into egg mixture. Coat both sides with stuffing mix. Place into prepared pan.

2) Bake, uncovered, in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Turn the pork chops and bake an additional 10-15 minutes more or until 160 degrees and juices run clear.


We had this with butter, garlic noodles and corn.. Doubled the recipe and it really turned out great :) It is super quick to make - really. And it's so easy!!!!
Try this and ENJOY!

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment