Friday, December 31, 2010
Goodbye 2010; Hello 2011!
Wow! I can't believe that 2010 is already coming to an end! I've had both a ton of highs and lows and so much self discovery this year. Time just flew! (though, at times, I thought it would drag on forever!)
I've been thinking about some new years resolutions for a few days now... It's been hard to not set hundreds of them! In order to make my resolutions stick - I need to only make 3 or 4 and they cannot be too far out of my reach.
Tonight I was seriously thinking about it - and I think I've narrowed it down.
1) School comes first! No more procrastinating. Before I let myself on my computer, watch TV (except to wind down after getting home for a few min) I need to make sure that I get my school work out of the way - then comes the fun =)
2) I need to do things the moment I think about them. Mostly this is talking about phone calls. I have a seriously bad phone phobia. I HATE talking on the phone. So I procrastinate phone calls and this year I've gotten myself into a few pickles that way - No more this upcoming year. If I know something needs to be done, it will be done the next available moment I get.
3) Be more compliant. My health needs to be a priority more than it has been. I need to make more of an effort in taking my meds and making sure that I'm doing everything I can to make every aspect of my health (social, physical, emotional, mental) is in tip top shape, not only for myself, but for my fiance as well. Not only that - but this includes making myself go to the gym or just getting out and walking more frequently - staying in shape!!!!
4) Involve myself more. I easily get caught up in things and I have a hard time letting myself go out and just have fun. I will either be tired from the day, not in the mood, be feeling sick - but I really want to try to not let these things stop me for the majority of the time. Granted because I have an illness I do need to listen to my body if I am tired or sick - but there are sometimes that I use them as an excuse! No more!
I want all of these to be my year long goals and I believe that they are very obtainable and can be done - but not without effort. It's going to be hard and at first it will NOT be perfect!!! I have to accept that they will not be perfect starting out, or even throughout the year for that matter.
It's a new year, so why not start this year with some positive changes in my life... I mean it IS easy to think about the year and be determined to change everything - but I know that it is NOT EASY.... gosh not easy at all. Old habits die hard. But this year has really opened my eyes to life and what I really want out of it. I believe that these resolutions will help me.
Now not only do I have some long term goals - but I have a few short term goals too!!!!
1) Get into wedding shape!!! I can do it - I know I can, just need determination!
2) I need to get a job ASAP. No more just looking! I need to actually apply. I realize that I may not find a job that I like, but if I can just stick with one for the short term - I can get a great one in the long term!
I know I am going to add more as the year goes on, but those are the two major things I want to work on immediately!!
I thought maybe writing all these resolutions down will help me continue with them instead of just having them in my head. Maybe those of you that read this can help me :-P
Thats all for now! Happy New Year - I wish you all a very happy, good, and fun year!!!