Monday, November 3, 2014

Thankful

November is the month of thanks and I've been thinking so much about how thankful I am for everything in my life. My heart has been so full and I have been happy. I'm so giddy that I just can't seem to wipe a smile off of my face. There is a bounce in my step that doesn't leave. I almost don't want to talk about it because I'm nearly afraid I'll jinx it, but as I said, my heart is overjoyed. It's been years since I've felt this way and I couldn't be more thankful.

There have been times that I've wondered what life has to offer me because I felt so stuck in a rut. I certainly have my days like that now, but I am starting to see my life begin again and while I've felt uneasy about it because there is so much unknown, I can also see the potential that is has and it's been enthralling for me to experience. I've had many "ah-ha" moments and chances to make some huge decisions on the direction I want to go. It's unnerving at times and the thought of moving forward in such a big way stops me in my tracks, but as things continue to unfold, the more excited I become.

I have been given a lot of new opportunities and with much debate, thought, and tears I've accepted them. Each one has opened up to something better and it's got me optimistic about these chances I am taking. I've always been the type of person to stick to my comfort zone, but this time I've decided to take the risk and to just go for it. Since branching out of the known I've had an entire world open up to me that I had been ignoring. Stepping out of my comfort zone has taught me that you can't get what you want and what you deserve unless you spread your wings and take a leap. And while things may fall through the cracks here and there, everything has it's own way of working out. It always has. I'm so excited for these next 6 or 7 months to unfold. So many new adventures await me and while the planning in between is stressful and completely overwhelming at times, thinking about the overall outcome is what keeps me going.

I've been having such a fun time the last 3 months. My circle of friends has expanded. My confidence has skyrocketed. I've been getting out and doing more things. I've taken more trips and have explored new places. I've taken a chance with my heart and couldn't be more happy with how things are.



No comments:

Post a Comment