Sunday, November 2, 2014

Beginning of Nov Photo Challenge

Photo Challenge Day 1 - Something Blue -


So much laughter was had yesterday afternoon. A friend and I got together and decided to check out our local Sage Hill Vineyard and Winery. I was shocked at how different the wines are here compared to California, where I had my very first wine! The kind of grapes that we can grow around here are different and I had a lot of wines that had a very distinct flavor I've never had before. They were very earthy and had a spice to them.

I've found that so far I tend to like the white wines more than the reds, but I was completely shocked to find that at our tasting yesterday I didn't like any of the whites he poured us. I wasn't a huge fan of the reds, either, but there was one that I didn't mind and could have a glass of!

We got to try a couple of dessert wines that were unfortunately unavailable for purchase right now, but they were quite good! I decided to get a bottle of the red wine that I didn't mind but as we were getting ready to leave we asked about one that was on the pamphlet that we didn't try. He did have it available and poured us a little bit. Hopefully my palate wasn't completely gone at that point, but I really enjoyed the very last white that we tried so I switched the red for the white! Hopefully when I open the bottle up again I won't be disappointed!

We then drove around the lake and went into town and had dinner at Skyline together.

I have been so lucky to get to know this lady and it's going to be sad when she leaves as she's only here for a short time. I'm definitely going to be missing a good friend that I've made. The time that we've spent together has been so enjoyable. She's been great to bounce ideas off of, gives wonderful advice and suggestions, and I've really loved getting to know her!

Photo Challenge Day 2 - I saw this! -


For roughly the last month and a half I have been studying and preparing to take my national ASCP certification in phlebotomy. The phlebotomy class that I took to get my certificate was super basic and so I've been enjoying (for the most part) learning more and getting a lot more in depth with everything. I definitely know that I'm in the right field of study. As I've been reading through the book I've been wanting to know how everything is connected, wanting to know even more. Very excited to get back into school and finish up my degree and get a job in what I know I want to do!

My goal is to take the test by February and so far I don't think that will be a problem to get done! I'm currently working on getting the paperwork filled out and processed to register and once that comes back a date will be set! I'm really nervous about it because I am a terrible test taker, but I'm feeling pretty confident in knowing this stuff like the back of my hand since I've been working in the lab for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment