Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So stinkin' PROUD!!!!

I haven't blogged in awhile, I realize this - but there has been so much going on and I just haven't had the words to blog. But I'm getting there - slowly but surely to letting out all of my thoughts and telling you about all the crazy events that have been going on

But for now... I want to share with you, share with the world how freakin' proud I am of the love of my life.
I just can't seem to say it enough. I've told him countless times these past few weeks how proud of him I am. I've posted it online. I've told my mom. I've smiled to myself and though "wow I'm so proud." But nothing can honestly and truly express how proud I am of Spencer Riddle.

This boy has been through the ringer. He's been put through SO much this month - tested beyond all belief, but yet here he is almost 3.5 weeks out of the hospital and he's still kickin!!! He's not just coasting by - he's picking up the pace and feeling wonderful. It has been SO, SO long since the time that he's been out of the hospital and 3 weeks later still feeling the same as the day he left. This is HUGE strides for us.
There is so much crap going on in our lives yet he's healthy!!!
for one.... His dad is battling cancer, and has gotten very sick, and taken a turn for the worse this last week. I know this just tears Spencer up inside, and I truly expected it to take a negative role on his health - but he is just trucking along - living his emotions and not letting it slow him down.
Two..... We've lost 100 dollars a month to live and we were barely making it by as it was... but yet he's not letting that get to him and he's just blowing past it, making the best of what we have.
And these are just two of the big things in our lives weighing us down... this isn't to mention everything.
The every day battle to get up in the morning and do his treatments. The battle to remember to take every single med and boil all his nebs. The grueling routine of being active and exercising.
But he's doing it!!!!!

He has taken all his meds every single day..... We're working on getting better at boiling his nebs every day and we've been succeeding. We're WAY more active than we were being, I have Spencer come with me about everywhere I go so that we can get out of the house more frequently and just move around a lot more.
The exercise part - well we're still working on it... It's hard to do - but I think being active and working up to being able to bike for 15 minutes is working. With being in the hospital so frequently this year his strength and stamina have just left completly. So it seems like it's taking FOREVER to build it back up. But I know it's slowly working with just getting out and walking around doing errands - that's more than what he was doing.
He's gaining some weight - I've been like, force feeding him.... And I know it's paying off.

Gosh I am JUST SO PROUD!!!! And I don't know how else to express it. I can't wipe this smile off of my face and I want to tear up when I am talking about it.

It means so much to me that he is doing every single thing he can to stay healthy... for himself, for me, for our future.... It's amazing... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment