Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wait and it will come to you...

Wow. I was really beginning to doubt my chances of landing a nanny job or a regular scheduled babysitting job. I was thinking that I was going to have to take the route of working at Smith's or being a CNA, even though I don't have the interest in becoming a CNA anymore. I have looked online many times for a job and nothing has went through because of either schedule conflicts, location, or requirements. Spencer and my friends have been telling me to just wait and a job that is a right fit will come up eventually... I was beginning to doubt them!!!

I was looking online for jobs last night, ready to apply for about anything that would pop up. I had about 4 pages book marked to send resumes to and there was a job as a nanny that looked like a good fit and so late last night I decided to send an email to the family inquiring some information.

Low and behold I woke up to an e-mail this morning from that family!! And things get more exciting from there!

Now before you dig into me and start lecturing, I am very aware the potential risks of finding work online. I'm being super careful and cautious and I won't do anything stupid. I have my guards raised so please don't worry - I'm a smart girl!

Sooo.. The father e-mailed me back telling me that an interview wouldn't be possible. My heart sank as I thought, once again, a job that sounded perfect wouldn't work out.. but then I went on to read... Their family is from Scotland (ahhhhh!) and THAT'S why an interview in person wouldn't be possible! He's a doctor, she's a teacher. They are living in Scotland now and are currently looking at moving to the states. =) They need someone they can trust to look at a few houses for them and then help their family get settled and feel welcome here. After they get settled they would like someone to nanny after school for a few hours. PERFECT!

Ok now pause... nothing is final right now with this. I have NO idea if anyone else has sent him an email and if he will be interested in me. It sounded positive, but I don't want to get my hopes TOO high before it's official. But it's kind of hard not to because for so many reasons I feel like I would love to watch after his kids.
I mean... number one.. I get to look at houses - come on, who wouldn't?! Even though it's not for myself, it's fun to do. Number two... he said that they are very flexible with schedules and so I would basically get to choose my hours!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?! I have such a crummy schedule this semester, and THAT'S what's been getting in the way of many jobs.. So for someone I can choose my hours with - that's perfect. They also said pay was negotiable which is super good and a good sign that they are willing to work with me and everything.

(And yes, again, I know.... There are risks involved with speaking to someone from a different country. I know, if they need me to pay for anything - I'm not going to do it.... I know warning signs and I won't fall into that category of innocent people getting screwed over... so don't worry.)

I am really excited about this. As I said.. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but it sounds pretty promising. I e-mailed them back telling them a little about myself since they shared a little about their family, and gave them some references so that he can contact people so that they can trust me more.... I guess we'll see where it goes from there :)
Please send good vibes and pray for this.... I DESPERATELY need a job and so far it sounds like a very good fit.I just need to know that everything will work out and that it's not some kind of scam.

:) :) :) Gosh I hope this works.....

No comments:

Post a Comment