Saturday, February 12, 2011

Thank you!

So before I head to bed, I thought I'd make a quick blog....

First I want to say THANK you to all who called Spencer or sent him a message today. I can't even begin to describe how much it meant to him that you all took the time out to show him that you care and that you support him. He beamed today every single time he got a phone call or read a nice post. If you could send encouraging thoughts to him the rest of the week while he's here it'd be great =)

I also want to give a special thanks to Kristin and Krystle for coming to visit today!! We had SUCH a good time with you guys today - it was so nice to see new faces here in the hospital and we REALLY appreciate that you took the time to stop by and say hello!!!!
And also a HUGE thanks to Christine and Adam for staying here until the wee hours of the night playing games with us! I don't think I've laughed that hard in ages! SO much fun! Thanks for sticking around!!!!

Spencer is feeling better and doing well =) His PFTs are good right now for the 1/2 mark and the doc thought a good goal was to get his FEV1 in the lower 40's before he's discharged. Planned discharge is Thursday, the 17th; so he's got all week to work to get them up! :) His Glucose tolerance test came back alright - I don't think he has the diabetes! So that's a super good sign - One thing we don't yet have to deal with.

I think we're starting to go insane in here! Being prepared for the hospital really helps get us through the first week - but the second week seems brutal! :-P Doing the same things every day gets so boring. And he's feeling better so we get pretty antsy... But at least the first week went by fairly quickly!

Hope that starting on Monday we'll feel the days zoom by!!!

If you still would like to visit, call, or email I or Spence - Feel free!!! Let me know if you need any info to do so :)

Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment